|Biking in China, 2008|
In 2016, Amy had the privilege of teaming up with gymnastics Olympic gold medalist Shawn Johnson to write the young adult novel THE FLIP SIDE (S&S BFYR, June, 2016), on sale now!
Contact me by email: a2sonnichsen (at) gmail (dot) com
I'm also on facebook: A.L. Sonnichsen
And Instagram: alsonnichsen
1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
My name is Amy. I also go by Mom or Mommy. I'm partial to both these names.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
I have THE PECULIARS by Maureen Doyle McQuerry and also her TIME OUT OF TIME duology. I also just bought LEVIATHAN by Scott Westerfield.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
When I doodle it's flower designs and trees with big roots. Sometimes I doodle my characters (in an attempt) to understand them better.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I pray when I can't go to sleep. If I run out of things to pray about, I lie in bed and tell myself at least I'm resting my body, if not my mind. :)
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
If I were allowed a notebook and pen or a computer with Word in my cell, I could last a ridiculously long time.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
It depends who gave them to me. I save the ones from my family members and my fan letters.
7. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Once for an extended period in the morning when I'm putting on make up. After that, quick glances whenever I'm in the bathroom.
8. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
Chocolate-covered gummy bears.
9. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Mosquitoes. I don't want my kids getting West Nile virus!
10. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
Wash my windows. Washing them is a real pain.
Coffee, tea or soda?
I used to be a Dr. Pepper addict, but I have changed my ways. I now enjoy a good cup of jasmine tea in the afternoons when I'm tired, or a hot chai from my favorite coffee place if I'm treating myself. I hate coffee!
I'd love to hear from you. Answer these same questions about yourself in the comments!