Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Quiet Time

After two hours in Target, we drove home on the freeway. I had my worship CD blasting and I was singing at the top of my lungs.

"Mommy!" Anna yelled from her car seat. "Turn off the music!"

"Ask me nicely, please," I said.

"Mommy, please turn off the music," Anna said.

I turned off the music.

"Is that better?" I asked.

"Yes."

We continued down the freeway. I didn't even realize I was still singing to myself.

"Mommy!" Anna yelled. "BE QUIET!"

"Anna, ask me nicely."

"Mommy, please be quiet."

"But honey," I said, "I need to sing. I just have a song in my heart."

"But Mommy," Anna replied. "I just have sleep in my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...