Thursday, October 8, 2009

Oink

I was planning a lengthy, insightful post for tonight with deep insights into American culture.

However, my eight-year-old has apparently come down with Swine flu. She spent the afternoon stretched out on the sofa.

Olivia is not usually a stretch-out-on-the-sofa type of girl. She's usually in motion. Or reading a book. Tonight she needed us to read to her. And then she drifted off to sleep.

Poor baby. She has a high fever and a bad cough.

It looks like she'll be sick for her vacation day tomorrow. And for mini cheer camp, which takes place tomorrow afternoon.

The saddest part is that this mini cheer camp is the first thing since we've been back that Olivia's been truly excited about. She came home with the flier a month or so ago and has been talking about it non-stop ever since.

The high school cheerleaders are going to do all the campers' hair and nails. They're eating pizza and cookies for dinner. Olivia's comment about that was: "And we don't even need to eat any vegetables!"

Then, they're all going together to the football game and will perform a halftime dance.

I think I'm just as disappointed as she is!

So, we'll save the eloquence for another night. I'm heading to bed so I can keep up my strength. I'll need it if this one sweeps through our entire household.

And we're painting our new house next week. God help us. Seriously.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Amy. These are the times that try men's souls. Actually, women's. I have felt that pang of horrible disappointment and wondered at Father's timing many times. Still have to trust Him, but it's not always easy. Wish I could come over and help!

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...