Monday, January 18, 2010

Great News!


Grace Lin's book Where the Mountain Meets the Moon -- reviewed here by my daughter Olivia back in October -- just won a Newbery Honor award!


I've been following Grace's cooperative blog Blue Rose Girls for awhile now, and I'm so excited for her. This is an incredibly prestigious award and when I think about how much Olivia loved this book and how quickly she read it, I know Grace deserves every bit of it. Congratulations, Grace!


Now it's my turn to go read it!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous cover. Isn't it wonderful to read a book, love it, and then find out it won an award. It's almost like being able to say, I told you, it was great!

    Helen
    Straight From Hel

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...