Thursday, February 4, 2010

Oh, How I Love Contests!

You probably know how much I love contests.

This week I entered three! And they're still going on, so you can enter too.

  • Agent Kathleen Ortiz has a new blog, The Neverending Page Turner. Grand prize for her contest is a query critique. (Oh, I hope I win, I hope I win, I hope I win!) If you enter, mention that I sent you. Thanks!
  • Agent Kate Testerman has a fun writing contest going on over at kt literary to celebrate Publication Day for two of her clients. Winners get a free book: Albatross by Josie Bloss or Scarlett Fever by Maureen Johnson. (Oh, I hope I win, I hope I win, I hope I win!)
  • Kristin Rae is hosting her first contest at her new blog, Kristin Creative to celebrate having 100 followers. Winners get a $10 Amazon gift card. (Oh, I hope I win, I hope I win, I hope I win ... As my son said just the other day upon opening his Chinese New Year red envelope: "Oh, wow! I've always wanted ten dollars!")

I'm starting to think I need to have some fun around here and have a contest of my own. I guess what's stopped me in the past is that I'm afraid of failing. What if nobody enters my contest? What if people think my prizes suck? What if everyone thinks my contest idea is dumb?

The Golden Rule of Blog Contests: When all else fails, hand out cash and free books. And if that fails, I'll keep my cash and have a few extra books. And neither of those options is bad, really. It's kind of like querying. I mean, what do I have to lose by trying? Absolutely nothing.

Now that I've finished giving myself a peptalk, I'll make a deadline: Fabulous Green Bathtub Contest to be announced on Monday, Feb 8. Stay tuned!

(And if you have any ideas for a totally awesome contest, write them in the comments. Thanks! *wink*)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...