The book I'm querying right now is set on Valentine's Day, so it's fitting that I should say thank you to my readers with a
Valentine's Day Contest.
The winner will get either:
(1) Residents of the U.S. & Canada: A $25 gift card to Powell's. They have both online and physical stores, and free shipping for online orders.
(2) Residents of other countries: You tell me what book you want ($25 & under), I'll buy it, and mail it to you. Sound good?
Because I'll be choosing a winner on Valentine's Day (next Sunday, Feb 14) and because this blog has a little bit of an international flavor, I wanted a contest that would embrace all of that.
So, here's how to enter:
(1) Make sure you're a follower. (A networked blog follower is okay, too.) If you're not, go ahead and click the Follow button on the right side bar. I'm excited to get to know you!
(2) Tweet or Facebook or blog about this contest. Mention Valentine's Day Contest and put a link to this contest page as your Twitter status, Facebook status, or in a blog post. OR, you can put my blog on a blogroll on the sidebar of your own blog. That works too. Just let me know as part of your entry which one you decided to do. (Note: My name on Twitter is @alsonnichsen.)
(3) Answer this question: (This is what my husband will be judging -- totally impartially. He is very fair and will not discriminate on any grounds whatsoever, even if you are my sister or my best friend or that jerk from high school who made my life miserable. *grin*)
If you could travel outside your country of residence with your significant other (imaginary significant others are fine), where would you go and why?
(4) Post your entry in the comments below. I'll remain open for entries until Saturday, Feb 13 at midnight Pacific time and announce the winning entry on Valentine's Day!
(Note: The husband will be judging based on originality and creativity. Incorporating humor will also score you extra points.)