Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Challenge Me

When I saw my aunt last week, we were talking about one of my Story A Week stories. I was telling her how increasingly difficult it's becoming to come up with new ideas.

She had a brilliant solution.

But to set the solution in motion, I need your help.

I want you to give me three interesting words.

Your words will be my inspiration for an upcoming, original short story.

As a thank you, I'll name a character in the story after you. It won't be YOU (obviously), because that would get tricky and sticky ... but wouldn't it be cool to read a story with your name in it? With your three words inspiring it?

Keep it clean. No swear words, please. Nothing too suggestive or risque. I'm writing for a general audience here!

So, leave your three words in the comments below. If your first name isn't part of your screen name (ie. if you go by "The Putrid Onion" online) , make sure to sign off the comment with your first name. (Otherwise I'll have to name a character The Putrid Onion, and that might distract from the story.)

I hope this will keep me busy for the next few weeks (maybe months), so don't be shy about leaving a comment. I will get to them ALL eventually.

Note to Facebook friends:  Leaving a comment on my actual blog (as opposed to Facebook) would be ideal because I'll be able to keep track better. It's pretty easy to click through to my blog. If you post anonymously, just remember to sign off with your name so I know who you are.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to reading your three words and feeling the inspiration!

23 comments:

  1. This is Tim:

    1- Foist
    2- Blithering
    3- Clandestine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are great so far! I'm excited to get started. Thanks, Tim and Shari!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh, this is fun . . .

    mirrored
    breastfed
    patchwork

    Kim
    (or if a male character turns out to be more suitable, use Patrick)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dragonfly

    grandchildren

    bridge

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the idea!
    pompous
    patchwork
    entourage

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, i see patchwork has already been suggested: make mine
    pompous
    cardboard
    entourage
    :) Christina

    ReplyDelete
  7. chocolate, euphoric, chime.

    -Aunt Sandi :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy here...

    Ingratiate
    Vilify
    Tweezers

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You guys crack me up. These are great! Feel free to keep them coming. :) I hope I can write some serious stories here without it turning into the ultimate mad-libs session. LOL!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a novel idea for a post. Here are my three :

    1) Love
    2) Loss
    3) Redemption

    Have a lovely week, Roland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I'm so behind! Okay, here are my three:

    spiffy, platypus, reinforce

    Great idea, Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. agile
    deceptive
    sacred

    ~Jesalyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Here are a couple more. They were not able to post on the blog, but I don't want to forget them. :)

    Marty -- erstwhile, punctilious, flan. Say it...flaaaaan.

    Sherri -- For words, I suggest elegant, curiosity, and delight.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Esther VanderlaanMay 6, 2010 at 12:44 PM

    Industrious
    Reader
    Cheerful

    ReplyDelete
  15. squallor naptime yogurt

    My life is simple... so are my words. :->

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dawn from facebook:

    1- Dust
    2- Jovial
    3- Checkered

    ReplyDelete
  17. Abject
    Dance
    Whilst

    There's my little contribution. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1- vivacious
    2- stern (at times)
    3- queen

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...