My shiny new idea has a few things going for it:
- a fantastic setting (Hong Kong!)
- great characters (this protag cracks me up)
- an intriguing problem (someone's gone missing)
that high concept hook that pulls everything together!!!
Until I work that part out, I'm sort of stuck. I can't move forward until I know what's bonding these characters to one another.
I've had a few
- dreams (over-used?)
- e-mails or letters (too weird)
- dance (huh?)
- visitations (I'm not sure I want this to be a ghost story)
Have you ever been stuck like this before? Where do you find inspiration?