Monday, May 25, 2009

Top Five Reaons to Buy a Chinese Darth Vader Mask

My friend Marilyn sums it up here.

And she models the masks as well, which is a bonus for those in other countries who may have not even been aware that such things existed. Yes it's true, people do wear Darth-Vader-like masks in Tianjin when they ride their bikes in summer.

Another popular face covering are large scarves that can be wrapped all the way around a person's head to keep rather large hair styles in place. Supposedly these scarves keep the dust off your face too, but I have to admit I'm not convinced. I also have to admit that I've been absolutely petrified more than once upon witnessing a faceless bike rider hurtling toward me in the street. I don't have any pictures of this fashion phenomenon. You'll just have to take my word for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...