Friday, July 17, 2009

Only $19.95!

I had this conversation with my seven-year-old philosopher Olivia this morning. (I think she may be watching too much TV in the mornings before I wake up.)

She was in the bathroom with me when I was about to shave my legs.

"Mom," she said. "Did you know you can get the Shaving Wonder* and you don't need to use a razor? You just put this thing on your legs and rub it and the hair comes off. And you don't need to use a razor because sometimes when you use a razor you are doing it when all of a sudden -- 'Ow!' -- you cut yourself."

"Wow, Livi," I said, "that sounds interesting. I wonder if it really works."

"Yeah, I wonder too."

"Because a lot of that stuff you get on TV, you get it and then it turns out to be garbage."

"Yeah," she said. "You could get it in the mail and then you try it and it doesn't work and you're like, 'This doesn't work. Why did I spend my money on this?'"

"Yes, exactly."

"You'd better not get it, Mom."

"Yeah," I said. "I've never really had a problem with just using a razor."

"Don't get it Mom. It's probably garbage."

"Okay, Livi. I won't."

I love being a mom. I just hope she keeps listening to me like this when she's a teenager. Otherwise, our house is in danger of being filled up with every $19.95 promotional product on TV.


*product name has been changed to protect the innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...