Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Snow Day and a tiny WIP update

Our first snow day couldn't have come at a better time.

Last night we were planning on a two-hour delay, but this morning we got the big news. No school. All day.

"But honey, I wasn't expecting you to be home all day. I'm going to have to tweek my plans a little."

Big grin.

Of course, I never mind tweeking my plans if my husband gets to stay home all day. Toss the plans!

It's wonderful timing because instead of slaving away at school, Aaron has spent all day up at our house laying down base molding in the family room, which means we're that much closer to a child-friendly, finished house.

I've got a laundry list of about eighty million things to buy that will speed us toward having that child-friendly, finished house, so we're heading out onto the ice, braving the elements together to buy bookshelves and electrical socket covers and mattress pads this afternoon. Just like this renovation, the list of things to buy goes on and on. You think you're almost done spending, but you're not.

Hooray for Christmas coming soon. And Christmas money.

Big news is that the counter top installer made it all the way from Spokane through the sleet and ice and installed our counter top. Whew!

As I type this, I realize it's Wednesday. I should be updating you on my work in progress (WIP). But that's easy to do: I finally came up with an amazing climax for my newest brainchild, Back.

I'm not going to tell you what the climax is, because that would spoil it for you when you read it some day. (I'm very optimistic.) I'm glad I didn't get too far into the meat of this book, because knowing the climax gives me focus and shows me several characters I was planning on putting in that I can cut out. I actually prefer killing things before they exist, so waiting to get further than the fourth chapter seems to have been a good thing in this case.

Progress is slow, on all fronts. But that's life. And right now I'm just thrilled to have counter tops.

1 comment:

  1. sigh... welcome countertops. love keeping up on the blog... we are heading to the States for Christmas and are excited to see family. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...