Friday, January 1, 2010

The Green Bathtub

Happy New Year!

In honor of it being 2010, I gave my blog a face lift/name change. So no, you're not in the wrong place. If you came looking for me, I'm still here!

A big THANK YOU to my sister, Michelle Pardini, who carved the lino-print of the bathtub for me. Michelle is amazing and you can check out her brand new website/business by going to http://www.owlily.com/.

In case you're wondering, I decided on the theme of a green bathtub because ... because ... well, I don't have a great reason. I liked the sound of it. And once I came up with the tag line to go with it, it made sense. Because under everything else, I am a procrastinator. And the thing on which I procrastinate most is the cleaning of my house.

Thankfully my husband doesn't mind and my children don't know any different.

But here's the rub:

When we lived in China I had a housekeeper. She came twice a week and did various chores. One of them was cleaning my bathtub.

Now that I've moved to America, I no longer have a housekeeper. If you've been following this blog at all, you'll know we just moved into our own home after living six months with my in-laws. So, not only do I not have a housekeeper anymore, but I don't have a mother-in-law either.

At this moment in time, I am being spoiled rotten because my parents are visiting me. Still, there's less than a week left before they are going home.

And then I'll finally be expected to take care of my own home. In its entirety. All by myself.

There might be a learning curve.

So, back to the green bathtub. It could be that as I procrastinate on housework, our bathtub does develop a greenish, algae-tinted sheen. Hopefully I'll notice. And when I notice, hopefully I'll clean it in between cooking meals and making beds and folding laundry and wiping snotty noses and vacuuming and writing the next great American novel and reading all the books on my list of books to read in five years and helping children with homework and reading bedtime stories and washing dishes and grocery shopping and running little girls to ballet class and potty training.

It'll all fit somehow. And if it doesn't, the bathtub will suffer.

1 comment:

  1. love it, amy . . . and it is precisely the green bathtub that scares me most about ever having to live the (non-expat) American life.

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...