Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rockin' Out

I went to a concert last night. It's been a long time since I've been to a concert, especially one this totally rockin'.

This particular band is new on the music scene, but I think they have a ton of potential. Watch the clip below and see if you agree with me.

The lead singer kind of has a U2 charisma that, in my opinion, could easily rival Bono. I was really impressed with the guitarist's instrument, fashioned out of Kinex. His bum-wiggle sort of reminded me of Slash, without the long curly hair, of course, or the cigarette. And the drummer's drum set is very state-of-the-art. Totally unique, cutting edge stuff here. Talent oozing out everywhere.

There's still some division in the group about what their name should be. One member, who shall remain unnamed, said it should be called "Olivia's *something* Trio" -- I guess because she hasn't thought of what that middle word should be. Another member, also anonymous, thinks the name should be "Anna's studio." The third member doesn't seem to have an opinion.

I'll keep you posted on this band's development. They're working on some new songs. One I heard this morning went something like this:

Sister love is a very good thing. Sister love. Sister love is a very good thing. Sister love.

Another song (more like a rap, actually), goes like this:

I want a Wii, I want a PSP, I want a XBox 360. Huh!

And on that note, I'll leave you.

1 comment:

  1. They're actually pretty good. I see potential. Maybe-- Band on the Rug? Los Lovable Kids? Olivia, Anna & He Who Shall Not Be Named? Lots of possibilities.

    Helen
    http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2006/10/13/stop-content-theft-buttons-and-badges/

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...