Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Sleep in Heavenly Peace

Two delivery guys delivered our long-awaited bed frame today.

Our GIGANTIC, gorgeous Tommy Bahama bed frame. I swear, it's so much larger than life, I practically need a ladder to climb into it -- and I'm not even short!

The kids saw it and their eyes lit up like they were at Disneyland. Anna looks like she's mountain climbing getting into it. She gets on her tiptoes, grabs a handful of sheets and hoists herself up. And then the natural thing to do is stand on top of the thing and start jumping. Problem is, if there are any spills off the sides, we'll have broken necks for sure.

So, no little monkeys jumping on the bed.

I don't know if it's the bed delivery that's done it, or if it's the cleaning I did in my bedroom before the delivery men got there, or if it's just being in our house for several weeks, but...

...I'm starting to feel a tiny bit organized.

For the first time in many, many months. I'm actually starting to find a place for everything. The piles on the counter are shrinking. And with little children there's still a good amount of mess, but I'm dealing with it. I don't walk into their rooms and feel like I'm going to have a conniption fit when I look around.

All the clothes are starting to fit in their closets and drawers. There are places for the dress up clothes. There are designated areas for toys.

We still have to work on the books that are scattered everywhere, but Aaron's planning to build bookshelves, so we're making progress.

Tonight as I write, I feel peaceful inside. It might be gone tomorrow, especially if the toilet clogs again or the contractor arrives (as he should, eventually) to seal all our backsplash tile in the kitchen. I'm sure he'll stack all his tools on my dining room table.

But tonight I'm going to enjoy Peace. I'll sleep in my new bed. I'll enjoy feeling like a domestic goddess with a place for everything.

I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...