I came across this list in one of my old journals. I wrote it almost ten years ago.
The title is: BIG DREAMS.
Date: January 2nd, 2001
- Live in China
- Travel through Europe (in a jeep preferably)
- Ride on the Trans Siberian Railroad
- Visit Australia
- Live on a beach in Southeast Asia for awhile
- Adopt a baby girl from China
- Write and publish a novel
- Learn to paint landscapes in watercolor
- Live in a house with a big bathtub and a gas fireplace
- Be a stay-at-home mom
- Live in a place where I can take long walks through beautiful places
- Teach a college writing seminar
- Become a gardener
- Paint my bedroom a color other than white
I've accomplished (or sort of accomplished) seven of the items on my list, which is exactly half. Not bad, right?
A lot of the ones I haven't accomplished involve extensive travelling, which, with four little kids, I probably won't be able to afford for awhile. Other things on the list are works-in-progress and I'm working toward those goals.
And there are a few items on the list that I wonder, what was I thinking? They've kind of become ungoals at this point -- or have fallen completely off the radar, at least for now.
I'll post more on this tomorrow.
In the meantime, what are your BIG DREAMS? Have you already realized some of them?