Thursday, May 27, 2010

I Recommend: Swing Otto Swing


Swing Otto Swing is the epitomy of Ready-to-Read books. David Milgrim uses the spirit and simplicity of classic See Spot Run early readers and mixes it with his own brand of humor. I literally fell in love with this book. Otto is adorable, and the concept is marvelous: Two friend monkey try to teach robot Otto to swing from vines with less-than-perfect results.

All my kids love it, too. Even my twenty-month-old cracks up. The words are easy enough for my six-year-old to read it to his younger sisters, so this book is getting a lot of mileage at our house. A lot of mileage.

I need to get my robot claws on some of the other Otto books. I guess there's a series!


1 comment:

  1. Both of my older children loved the Otto books when they were learning to read. I think this one was my favorite in the series, but they all made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...