Sunday, May 21, 2023

Hello, Green Bathtub

Blogland. It's been awhile.  

I'm in the process of developing a new author website with the help of a designer-- more to come on that soon, I hope! Thinking about how I'd like it to look and what I wanted it to include made me nostalgic for my old blog. 

So I came back here and I looked at it, and I thought about how much I miss writing it. I miss all the little stories I'd write for fun. 

I wondered if I still knew how to post a post. Yes, I guess I do. Here I am, posting a post. 

A lot has changed since I last posted. My kids are all growing up: my oldest has graduated from college and my youngest is in middle school. Those toddler days are long gone. I have my first full-time job this year, not writing related. I've lived away from Asia for a long time now. Living there seems like another lifetime. I've been writing books set in America, because I actually feel like I'm getting to know America ... finally.

Most days I don't think about being an author. I'm so busy getting kids organized, feeding my family, trying to keep the house in some semblance of clean, and working at a day-job I love, I forget this part of myself -- the writing part. 

Somehow I must carve out time for it, because it's an important part of me, a part I don't want to lose. Even if it's a few words a day, even if it's only on this blog, even if no one ever reads it, I realize I need it. I need this little space, just for me. 

So, hello, Green Bathtub. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...