Summer is creeping up on us. Here's how I can tell:
1. We put the kids to bed WAY after their bedtime, but it's still bright outside.
2. Flowers like this are blooming in our yard:
|How gorgeous can you get?|
4. The kids' activities are slowing down. We're done with gymnastics and piano, but not ballet.
5. My preschooler has graduated.
6. Everyone is tired.
7. I'm getting lots of paper notices from my kids' schools reminding me about field trips and pajama days and end-of-year parties, etc.
8. The DHS is staying up until the wee hours of the morning grading papers.
9. The calendar says it's flippin' JUNE already.
10. I'm not getting any writing done whatsoever thanks to reasons 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6. (Hopefully I can figure out a summer schedule soon that includes a big afternoon or evening chunk of writing time.)
How are you coping with imminent summer? Excited, scared, indifferent?