Sunday, August 21, 2011

Can You Believe...

...the size of these blueberries!
And I don't even have particularly small hands.

This is what I love about living in an agricultural area. I bought these yesterday from our local farmer's market. We're still waiting for the peaches and apples to ripen. They're late this year because it's been such an unusually cool summer. (Sorry, Texans, I know it hasn't been for you!)

I love summer. I'm sad it's already dwindling. My kids start school next week!
What are some of your favorite things about summertime?

4 comments:

  1. I must drag myself out of bed this Saturday and go to the farmers market! I've been wanting to go all summer, but have not had the gumption to get out of bed early enough to drive there, but boy howdy those blueberries have convinced me! Do you want to go together this Saturday and show me the ropes?

    Some of my favorite summer things:
    fresh herbs in the garden
    BBQ's
    swimming
    fresh produce from the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we got blueberries like that! The best we get are about the size of a small grape... nothing like the ones you have there.
    Oh... and I'm in Houston where the best part about summer is when it finally burns off and fizzles out. We can finally do things like go outside. Breathe. Stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer ending is bittersweet for me. I'm glad I'll be back on more of a routine, but I'll miss my kidlets during the days.
    Those are some big blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are awesome....and I'm a bit jealous. ;) But, I love summer here with mangoes and lichee! But, those are harder to find as the summer is disappearing way too fast.
    Other Summer Love:
    Swimming with the kids, okay swimming is pushing it...more like splashing and jumping around in the pool. =)

    ReplyDelete

Summer Recap

Summer!! has been a crazy whirlwind.  Are we actually starting school again in a few weeks? UNBELIEVEABLE. In the middle of June I finished...